Liposuction continues to be one of the most popular ways to get rid of excess body fat, remove cellulite and lose those last 5-10 “vanity” pounds. But while liposuction does offer instant benefits, you can help yourself maintain those great results by eating a healthy diet and engaging in regular exercise. Whether you’ve lost five pounds or twenty pounds with the help of liposuction, here are some tips and strategies for keeping the weight off for the long-term:
1. Small Meals More Often: Eating nutritious meals throughout the day will keep your energy levels stable and reduces the risk of overeating at the next meal. Spreading out your food over the course of the day also ensures that you digest and absorb all of the calories efficiently, so you’re less likely to feel deprived or reach a state of starvation – the precursors of a ‘binge’ – on any given day.
2. Make H20 a Habit: Water helps flush out the toxins in the body and can even keep hunger pangs at bay. Experts say it can also help with digestion, which can keep your metabolism running at peak performance.
3. Take a Low and Lean Approach to Your Diet: Low-fat meals and lean protein snacks are healthy food choices that can ward off the pounds. Consider adding turkey, skim milk, lowfat yogurt and fat-free snacks (in moderation) to your daily diet so that you’re filling up on foods that won’t trigger a weight gain cycle.
4. Remember to Exercise: Regular exercise can help you look and feel great, and can also be an effective weight loss strategy. Squeezing in just 20-30 minutes of walking each day can give your metabolism a boost, burn a few extra calories and keep your appetite under control.
5. Cut Down On The Carbs: Whole grains, fruits and vegetables are the healthiest sources of carbohydrates that can keep your blood sugar levels in balance. Healthy blood sugar levels prevent extreme hunger pangs so you’re never stuck on a ‘cravings cycle.’