While motherhood can be a woman’s greatest joy, childbirth can take a serious toll – physically and emotionally. Extra pounds, hormonal imbalances and changes in the appearance of the breasts, abdomen, labia, vagina, skin and face are all common after childbirth. Caring for an infant – as well as toddlers to tweens to teens – leave many women with less and less time to take care of themselves.
So how does a mother with little time get her body back to its pre-pregnancy shape? While healthy habits such as a proper diet, exercise and sleep are important, sometimes they just aren’t enough to address some of the changes that occur after childbirth. This is where The Real Mommy Makeover can help.
The Real Mommy Makeover is a full body solution to help you restore and rejuvenate both face and body. At Aguirre Specialty Care each Real Mommy Makeover is customized to correct any one or combination of the following concerns:
- Cosmetic Vaginal Concerns: A sagging or enlarged labia is a common complaint after childbirth. Labiaplasty - Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® (DLV®) is an aesthetic surgical enhancement of the vaginal area that addresses tightening, reshaping, removal of fat, and other enhancements to restore and rejuvenate the appearance of the vaginal area.
- Functional Concerns – Functional concerns such as bladder or bowel incontinence are another possible concern after childbirth. Aguirre Specialty Care offers both surgical and non-surgical treatment options for all conditions. Dr. Aguirre, a fellowship-trained urogynecologist and preeminent pelvic surgeon, respectfully addresses these concerns and will determine an appropriate treatment based upon your diagnosis.
- Sexual Gratification: After childbirth, the muscles, ligaments and fascia within the birth canal may weaken which may lead to decreased vaginal muscle tone. Some women may experience vaginal looseness, and decreased sensation and pleasure. Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® (LVR®) focuses on the reconstruction of the damaged muscles and tissues to restore the vagina to a more youthful, "pre-pregnancy" state, to increase vaginal tightness, allowing for increased sexual gratification, and to enhance vaginal muscle tone and appearance.
- Excess Fat and Unwanted Bulges: During pregnancy there is an average weight gain of thirty pounds. Although much of this weight is lost, many women complain about that extra 5-10 pounds they just can’t seem to shed. It is common for areas of excess fat to linger in the abs, hips, pubic area, thighs and arms. SmartLipo™ and Vaser® Liposelection are two minimally invasive body contouring treatments that remove unwanted fat from the body with less trauma and recovery time than traditional liposuction.
- Loose Skin: Sagging or loose skin is common after pregnancy especially in the abdominal area. Skin Tyte™ is a skin tightening laser that affects the collagen deep in the skin, ultimately restoring it to its natural beauty.
- Changes in the Breasts and the Tummy: Abdominal laxity, sagging breasts, or unwanted changes in breast size may be best addressed by procedures such as abdominoplasty, breast lift, breast augmentation, or breast reduction. These surgeries are coordinated with a preferred plastic surgeon by the staff at Aguirre Specialty Care.
- Skin Issues: Exhaustion, hormonal changes and unhealthy eating habits can change the tone and texture of the skin, leaving it looking dull and tired. Other common skin concerns during or after pregnancy include melasma (pregnancy mask) and hormonal acne. Chemical peels can change the overall health, texture, and luminosity of the skin by removing dead skin cells and promoting collagen production. A series of peels can help you regain your youthful glow. Laser Skin Rejuvenation such as Photo Facials, Laser Skin Resurfacing and Combination Laser Peels can reverse or correct uneven skin tone, acne scarring, sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles and diminish the look of pore size. A consultation with a skincare specialist at Aguirre Specialty Care can also get you on track with an at-home skin care program to address your current skin concerns.
- Lines and Wrinkles: Exhaustion can also increase the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and around the mouth. BOTOX® is an excellent choice for wrinkle reduction around the eyes, while fillers such as Juvederm® replace lost volume to vertical lines above the lips and parenthesis around the mouth. BOTOX® and facial fillers can help you look refreshed and more relaxed and take years off of your face.
To learn more about post pregnancy rejuvenation solutions and The Real Mommy Makeover at Aguirre Specialty Care call 303.322.0500.