We don’t really think about it, but most women endure a lot of physical discomfort throughout their lifetime just by virtue of the fact that they are women. From childbirth to monthly menstruation to menopause, the female body doesn’t really catch a break, so to speak. This is a testament to a woman’s strength! The female body can withstand a lot! However, this strength can sometimes be a detriment if it means a woman is ignoring her pain because she can “handle” it.
While certain discomforts, such as menstrual cramps, are normal, pelvic pain that is occurring on a regular basis is probably not. If you are frequently experiencing pelvic pain, it’s time to come in for a personal consultation at Aguirre Specialty Care.
Here are symptoms to look out for:
- Pelvic pain that occurs regularly
- Sharp or dull pain
- Pain that’s constant or intermittent
In a nutshell, any type of chronic pain needs a look!
Here are some of the many possible causes of your pelvic pain:
- Endometriosis (when tissue lining the uterus grows outside uterus)
- Menstrual cramps
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids (non-cancerous growths of the uterus)
- Ovarian cancer
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) (infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries and cervix)
- Interstitial Cystitis / Painful Bladder Syndrome (chronic bladder condition that can resemble a bladder infection but is not resolved with antibiotics)
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction (weakening of pelvic floor, i.e., pelvic organ prolapse)
- Vulvodynia (chronic pain that occurs around the opening of the vagina)
Don’t panic! While this list of possible causes is intimidating, we can help you navigate through your diagnosis and treatment with comfort and ease. Your first step is coming in for a thorough consultation with board-certified urogynecologic surgeon Dr. Oscar A. Aguirre. Dr. Aguirre is a pelvic pain expert who offers decades of experience helping women achieve their optimal pelvic health and vitality. Once a definitive diagnosis has been made, Dr. Aguirre will design a treatment plan that may include one or more of the following solutions: Laser vaginal resurfacing with the FemiLift™; pelvic floor physical therapy; bladder installations; trigger point injections; PRP injections with or without the O-Shot®; sacral nerve stimulation; diagnostic laparoscopy; and pelvic surgery.
Rest assured, you are in the best of hands at Aguirre Specialty Care! Our team can’t wait to help you!
Learn more about pelvic pain by calling us at 303-322-0500 or requesting a consultation online today.