We know the title of this blog asks a surprising question, but we’re serious. After helping women for so many years, our dedicated team at Aguirre Specialty Care understands that many women worry about the tightness of their vagina. Have you ever wondered if you’re too loose or stretched out “down there?”
From childbirth to menopause to the natural aging process, life can take its toll on a woman’s body. No matter how joyful these life events can be, they may also result in trauma to the body, causing vaginal tearing and stretching, urinary and fecal incontinence, diminished sexual sensation and other troubling symptoms. If you suspect that your vagina is too loose or you are suffering from other symptoms that are hindering your quality of life, we are here to help!
Here’s a breakdown of common symptoms and possible treatment options at Aguirre Specialty Care:
Symptom: Have difficulty keeping a tampon in place.
If your tampons are prone to falling out of place, you may be experiencing a more severe case of vaginal laxity. After undergoing a careful consultation with us, we may determine that you have vaginal prolapse, which is a medical condition covered by insurance. If you desire increased sensation, then vaginal tightening, or vaginoplasty, may be performed at the time of reconstructive vaginal surgery. Often, there may not be any prolapse, and the best course of action is only a vaginoplasty. The best way to determine what is best for you is to have an evaluation by a reconstructive and cosmetic vaginal surgeon with expertise in vaginal rejuvenation.
- Vaginoplasty is a one-hour outpatient procedure designed to restore and reconstruct the damaged muscles and tissues of the vagina and its supporting structures. Vaginoplasty can help your body in several important ways, tightening the vagina, enhancing friction during intimacy, increasing sexual gratification for both partners, enhancing vaginal muscle tone and improving vaginal appearance.
Symptom: Vaginal stretching after childbirth.
You may not have any specific symptoms to report, but you suspect that giving birth to your three children has really stretched out your vagina. You may also have little sex drive or interest in sex, or have a hard time feeling aroused or satisfied when you do engage in intercourse. Treatment options:
- The Viveve™ treatment for introital (vaginal entrance) tightening is ideal for moderate cases of vaginal laxity. Viveve uses non-invasive radiofrequency energy to help tighten the entrance of your vagina. Best of all, it’s clinically shown to help enhance orgasm strength and sexual satisfaction. Results can last a year or longer.
- Vaginoplasty is a one-hour procedure that helps restore and reconstruct the damaged muscles and tissues of the vagina and its supporting structures, helping to restore your vagina to its pre-pregnancy state. Many patients opt to undergo vaginoplasty as part of their Real Mommy Makeover™ at Aguirre Specialty Care. The Real Mommy Makeover addresses several concerns in one convenient procedure tailored to your needs. You can learn more by visiting our website or calling for a consultation.
Symptom: Your partner falls out during sex and/or reports a lack of friction.
This symptom can have many contributing factors, including your partner’s size. However, during your personal consultation, our team will be able to help you determine if you could benefit from vaginal tightening.
- Vaginoplasty, a one-hour outpatient procedure designed to help tighten your vagina by restoring the damaged tissues and muscles of the vagina, along with its supporting structures.
- Viveve, a radiofrequency treatment for non-surgical tightening of the vaginal entrance with no downtime.
Symptom: Bladder leakage
- FemiLift™ is a non-surgical laser treatment that resurfaces the entire circumference of the vaginal wall, causing a tightening effect of the pelvic floor, improved lubrication and reduced urinary incontinence.
- Sacral neuromodulation involves training your bladder muscles to behave differently through sacral nerve stimulation. Treatment involves inserting a small implantable device adjacent to a peripheral nerve in your sacrum during an outpatient visit. Best of all, our state-of-the-art devices are comfortable and low maintenance, requiring minimal follow-up treatments and care. To learn more, check out InterStim™ Therapy and Axonics Therapy, two implantable devices that target the nerves controlling your bladder, helping it to function normally again. If medications or lifestyle modifications aren’t working for you, sacral neuromodulation could be a highly effective option.
- The O-Shot® uses a concentrated portion of your very own blood, called platelet-rich plasma (PRP), to help improve blood flow and nerve sensation which in turn results in an enhanced sexual and orgasm response. Since PRP is injected along the urethra, the tube through which urine flows out from the bladder, this results in improved urinary incontinence symptoms.
- Kegels are a tried-and-true exercise all women can do any time of day to help strengthen their pelvic floor. Depending on the severity of your bladder leakage, however, kegels may not be enough. During your personal consultation, we can help guide you on the best treatments for your unique needs.
Symptom: Lack of sexual sensation
- FemiLift vaginal laser resurfacing to help boost blood flow and tighten your pelvic floor.
- Viveve non-invasive radiofrequency treatment for tightening the vaginal entrance without downtime.
- Vaginoplasty, a one-hour procedure for vaginal tightening that helps enhance sexual gratification for both partners.
- The O-Shot, a simple treatment that helps to enhance sexual sensation while also improving urinary incontinence. Using PRP from your very own blood, you can boost your sexual vitality naturally with little to no risk.
Ready to learn more about solutions to your concerns? We are here and ready to help! Please don’t wait to call us! You deserve to live a full and free life. Please call 303-322-0500 or complete our consultation request form today.